Description and Related History
The office of the Alumni Affairs of Colegio De La Purisima Concepcion was created in 1997, in preparation of the 50th Founders’ Day celebration and Grand Alumni Homecoming. Mrs. Myrna Abareles was appointed as the first Alumni Coordinator, followed by Engr. Corazon Barcenas and then succeeded by Mrs. Wilhelmina Borres. In 2007, Maria Lilibeth Olarte was appointed as the CPC Alumni Coordinator until 2013. She was succeeded by Ms. Maritess V. Azarce up to the present. The CPC Alumni Association however, has been in existence since 1950 with Cesar Talabucon as its First Alumni President, succeeded by now Judge Timothy Conanan, and the latter was succeeded by Mrs. Mercy Guevarra, and in 2007 by Engr. Edmund Beluso. In 2013 Atty. Genalin Jimenez was elected as the new Alumni President up to the present with Dr. Mabini A. Bahido as adviser. The Office of the Alumni Affairs is located at the ground floor ,in front of the Quality Assurance Office of the CPC main building. This new office is one of the projects of the CPC Alumni Association under the leadership of Engr. Edmund Beluso.
The Office of the Alumni Affairs envisions being of service to all alumni of the college, taking in heart and mind the Catholic values of service, honesty and integrity.
The CPC Alumni Affairs is tasked to nurture and animate the Purisimian spirit among all alumni, through programs and activities that encourage involvement and concern for their Alma Mater.
- To serve as a link between the college Administration and the Alumni Association and to foster goodwill and public relations with various alumni groups.
- To coordinate with the different academic units and the administration to ensure the inclusion of alumni relations in institutional priorities and college policies.
- To undertake all strategies to ensure continuing communication with alumni through updated directory.
Our Distinguished Alumni
The office of the Alumni affairs can humbly boast of its roll of distinguished alumni headed by the late Jaime Cardinal Sin, Bishop Vicente Navarra, Bishop Dinualdo Gutierrez, Ambassador Francisco Alba, Justice Josue Bellosillo of the Supreme Court, Justice Roberto Barrios of the Court of Appeals, former Congressman Rodriguez Dadivas, Congressman Fredinil Castro, among others.
- Tiling of ground floor hallway, Main Campus
- Renovation of Comfort Rooms
- Office of the Alumni Affairs
- Tiling of the Shop Laboratory Room
- Chairs at room 306
- Tiling of the Registrar’s Office
- Renovation of the Stage
- 60 pcs classroom chairs
- 4 pcs. Gang